Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Something I'd Like to Forget.


We knew it would happen, it was only a matter of time, but that day still scares the crap out of me when I think about it. Right before Justin turned 3 I got a call at work that he'd fallen at home and busted his head open. I was 45 minutes away while my baby was in the emergency room. I had no idea how he was, how bad it was or what he was going to look like when I got there. I felt so helpless being so far away from him at a time like that. I knew he was probably scared and wanted his mommy. It was pretty gnarly, but thankfully the ER nurses and doctors did a wonderful job taking care of him and stitching him up. If this happens to be the worst thing I ever want to forget, I'll consider myself a very lucky lady.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

I remember that. Poor kiddo. I would have had a heart attack for sure.